We left that house really early so that we could meet up with Gaby and Jorge. They were going to meet us along the way to Taxco and get into the van with us. We met them at a gas station in Mexico City. Then, all 9 of us piled into the van and off we went.
About an hour or so after we met up with Gaby and Jorge, we pull into this really small parking lot where there is a tiny roadside buffet. I thought, "Hmmm...this is interesting." But we got out and decided to see what it was like. The food was fantastic!!! I stuffed myself because the food was just so good.
While we were eating out wonderful breakfast, this HUGE crowd of people came rushing into the restaurant. They were all dressed funny too. Blanca said that they are dancers. They had these little shells around their ankles that made noise when they took each step. They were almost all dressed in black and they were wearing old sandals. Then they all crowded around the buffet. I just looked at everyone at the table and said, "Well, there goes the food!" Then, when everyone in that group had their food and were standing at the table, they all put their hands over their food and said a prayer. Strange!!
Well, when we finished up, we went to the bathroom - a very important stop throughout the trip - and were back on the road. About an hour longer and we would be at our first destination.
We pulled into another parking lot. This time there was a sign ahead that said, "Las Grutas" or Caves. It was a really interesting tour. The caves were so big that it was a 3 mile walk.
After the tour was over, we decided to get going so that we could make it to Taxco before dark. When we finally arrived in Taxco, I was so excited because I saw some of the same things that I saw 9 years ago. I got the rings that I wanted and that I was looking for and then we went to dinner. Again, another fantastic meal!!! I don't know that I have ever really had a meal in Mexico that I haven't liked.
Then we were off to the hotel. We decided to stay in Taxco that night. So because it is so touristy, we had to drive around the town square to find the hotel we wanted. It was really small and not what I had in mind, but we were all tired from the trip, so we were satisfied. Although we were tired, Grandma and I ended the night with a good game of Phase 10.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment