Friday, December 28, 2007

December 21st - Swimming

I can't say that I slept well because I honestly didn't. The beds were not comfortable, but it was the best we could do, being that we stayed in Taxco. We were up by 7 and out of the hotel by 7:45. Jorge took us to a little Mexican restaurant for breakfast where I had rice, beans, and stuffed pablano peppers. A delicious Coke topped everything off.
Then we were on the road again! About an hour from the hotel was our first destination for the day. We were going to go swimming. When we got there, I looked around and thought, "This can't possibly be it!" But it was. It looked old and the parking lot was broken up with weeds coming through the cracks and the place looked like it was over a hundred years old. But when we walked through the gate, my attitude changed. There were 4 swimming pools. One of them was for the kids to play in and the other 3 were nice and big. They didn't look like the swimming pools at home because only one of them looked new. The others looked like they haven't been painted in years. But none the less we had a blast.

When we were done swimming, we were on the road yet again! This time we thought we were heading home. I fell asleep in the back seat on the way home,
but when the van started to slow down, I knew we were stopping. So I sat up to see where we were, just in time to hear Jorge say, "There are a lot of little shops here that you can get all your gifts to take home. Typical Mexican things." I thought, "Oooh yay!" So we got out of the van and into a little restaurant across the street to eat. It was good, but not as good as the breakfast earlier. When we finished up, we prepared ourselves to shop till we dropped. Not what I thought. We went to about 4 stores and then we stopped for ice cream and went home.

Kinda like the night before. I would have loved to continue, but everyone else was tired. The ice cream was fantastic though. I got some coffee flavored ice cream together with chocolate chip. It was soooo good that I had to get some more when I was done. I got some sorbet this time that was lime flavored. It was fantastic!!!

So we got back in the van and we were off again!! But Blanca lost some card that she needed to have, so we pulled over to the side of the road to look for it. Jorge opened the back hatch and one of Grandma's bags fell out. A paper towel holder and a beautiful vase broke. But we found the card!! Haha, we can always go back for a vase! :)

We dropped Gaby and Jorge off across the street from where we had picked them up the day before. They were going to catch a cab home because they didn't live too far from there. We dropped Sheily off with Rachel at her apartment and headed home. By the time we got there it was almost 10. Mom and Dad called that night and I got to tell them everything that happened.

No comments: